Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate ? Untrained ?

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 15:29:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate ? Untrained ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Fri, 12 May 1995 MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU wrote:

> Someone asked me to "state my source" when referring to Kate's vocal
> training.  On the Baktabak interview CD, the interviewer asks about a
> certain name in the "Hounds of Love" dedications list.  Kate said the
> name inquired about was her singing teacher.  Now, I do not doubt that
> it is possible that she obtained a singing coach AFTER the release of
> "The Kick Inside;"  But, I think it more probable that she had the
> training before that.

I think that any natural reading of the acknowledgements for =The Kick
Inside= has it that she received training before making it.  But there is
surely someone here who can provide the fine details.

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>