Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate ? Untrained ?

From: MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 95 19:31:20 CDT
Subject: Kate ? Untrained ?
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

I remember a fellow Love-Hound's posting saying he prefers the original
version of "Wuthering Heights" because of the "untrained" quaility of
the original vocals. Well, I really hate to burst your bubble, but Kate
was formally trained in vocals since she was a "wee lass."   I think
what you are missing is the ten year gap in the vocal performances.  As
everyone knows, your voice changes as you age.  And, it ALWAYS gets
deeper.   So, the revised "Wuthering Heights", to me, shows a more
mature Kate -- both physically and by experience.  I think she saw all the flaw
s the original had and fixed them to better effect.

Roman,  Flatland USA