Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Book 'em

From: celemon@email.unc.edu (Angela Reid)
Date: 19 Apr 1995 04:34:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Book 'em
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Nice list, Steve.  : )

Wasn't "The Kick Inside" based on the ballad "Lucy Wan"?  So I've been
told.  I'd guess a "ballad" qualifies as a book or story--I know we study
them in literature classes.  : )

Likewise, as I was recently informed by Chris Williams, "The Infant
Kiss" is based on the movie _The Innocents_, which is based on the book
_Turn of the Screw_  by Henry James.  Also, wasn't "Get out of My House"
inspired by Steven King's _The Shining_?
: Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (OK, I know it's a film
: version - and not the Olivier version - that she saw that
: inspired the song, but we wouldn't have had the film
: without the book, eh?)

Angela

PS.  Apologies for any misinformation.  Hearsay has its drawbacks . . . .