Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Book 'em

From: Stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 1995 15:19:20 -0700
Subject: Book 'em
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

As promised, here's my not-very-complete-at-all list of
Books (and stories) Kate was Inspired By:

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (OK, I know it's a film
version - and not the Olivier version - that she saw that
inspired the song, but we wouldn't have had the film
without the book, eh?)

Peter Pan - James M. Barrie (In Search of Peter Pan)

A Book of Dreams - Peter Reich (Cloudbusting)

Ulysses - James Joyce (The Sensual World)

The Bible - Anon. (Song of Solomon)

The Red Shoes - Hans Christian Anderson (See "Wuthering
Heights" note)

Again, I know this list is far from complete (for example,
if memory serves me, "Deeper Understanding" was sort of
kind of inspired by "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen
Hawking).  I would be most grateful if folks would fill
in as many gaps as they could...

- Stev0 the bookworm

"This chapter says, put it out of your mind..."