Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lisa Germano

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 10 Apr 1995 21:34:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Lisa Germano
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kimberly@VNET.IBM.COM wrote:
: I'm pretty new to the list, so I don't know if Lisa Germano has been discussed
: before. I think a few parallels could be made between her and Kate. (Besides
: long dark hair) I believe that someone had asked if she played strings for
: anyone. Yes, I know that she played violin for John Couger or John Mellenhead,
: or whatever he calls himself these days. Don't be scared, this is no reflection
: of her music. She has two albums, Happiness and Geek the Girl. She is a god.
: (assuming there can be more than one)............

I think she actually has three albums; I'd thought there were only two,
but I ran across another the other day, and the sticker said it was a re-
release of her first album. Don't remember the name, sorry.
I have Geek the Girl and I love it. I'm not sure I would recommend it to
a Kate fan, unless said fan also enjoyed Kristen Hersch, Tom Waits, and
such people. It's an eerie, frightening album with a lot of moods. I love
it, one of the best releases of last year by far.--

           Anthony Kyle Monday            /
 e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu	 /     "J'ai une a^me solitare."