Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ghosts / Spirits / Kate Bush

From: MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 95 21:39:00 CDT
Subject: Ghosts / Spirits / Kate Bush
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

After reading someone's comment that Emily Bronte's ghost inspired Kate
to write Wuthering Heights, I just had to comment myself:
Does anyone know if Kate subscribes to any known religion ?
Many of her songs are spiritual in nature ("seeking") or have spirits in
them (Like All The Love  or  Houdini ).  Then, there's Kate's fondness
for fantasy films (thus "Hammer Horror" -- anyone else love those
Christopher Lee Dracula films ?)
Anyway, I've used Kate's music in a spiritual way -- Late night
meditation with her music while burning my favorite incense.  (You don't
realize some of the insights you gain into Kate's music,  and yourself,
when you listen to "Hounds of Love" or "The Dreaming" at 2am, with your
favorite incense, and the crickets chirping outside.)
What do you guys think ?

Roman G.