Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Limited Edition Interview Disc

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 95 16:29:16 +0200
Subject: Re: Limited Edition Interview Disc
To: MRGHEESL@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
cc: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

Hi!

Roman wrote:
> Do you (or anyone else) have any more information about it ?  For
> clarification, it is a seven-minute interview disc in an oversized
> yellow box with a younger Kate on the cover. IN the photo, she's wearing
> a red print blouse amongst a field of yellow flowers.  On the disc (and
> I think on the box as well), it says Limited edition of 1000 (or 2500).
>
> Historical info (like when and where) regarding the disc production
> would be helpful.  A little info on the company that produced it would
> be nice.  And, at the risk of sounding crass to Kate fans everywhere,
> how much is the disc worth ?

Well, the interview on that disc exists in various variations:

- an oversized (12"x12") box like you describe it, order number CID 09,
  no idea about the company doing this, but a guy in a record shop once
  said that there are quite a few boxes like these with interview discs
  for other artists. See also the order number (suggesting at least 8
  others)
- a 5" gold CD without booklet
- a 5" gold CD with booklet (claiming that the disc is 3")
- a 3" CD with booklet (same as above)
- a 7" white vinyl
- a 7" picture disc
- a 2x7" pack containing both, white vinyl and picture disc
- (part of) a 4x7" pack, containing the interview distributed on
  2 7" vinyls colored red and purple (each with identical sides A and B,
  so 2 7"s are needed to hold a 7 minute interview. The other 2 singles
  in that pack hold another 13 minute interview...
- (part of) a picture CD in a 7" boxed set, with another interview on the
  same disc

I don't think this is all, but it's already quite a bit. Some of the discs
in the list are made in UK, as are actually most interview discs. So I guess
that the 12" box is also from there.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]