Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's Twin (and 'The Innocents')

From: Ivar Wind Skovgaard <ivar@astro.ku.dk>
Date: 7 Apr 1995 20:41:55 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate's Twin (and 'The Innocents')
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

bretthar@nswbeta.nsw.BoM.GOV.AU (Brett Harris) wrote:

> I have not seen the beginning of this discussion,  who is the Mary
> that is being referred to?  It wouldnt be Mary Steenbergen would it,
> at times in "Back to the future III" I could swear she was the spitting
> image of Kate.
>
> Brett    ( ..I've always been a coward...).

Kate Bush - who's she?

is a statement you could probably have got from me at a time when I'd
already seen and noticed Mary Steenburgen in 'Time After Time' (now it
seems like a very strange idea indeed not to know about Kate :)

But to keep this short, I'll just say (I mean write) that more info on
Mary Steenburgen and, most importantly, her filmography can be seen at
'http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/M/person-exact?+Steenburgen,+Mary'
People without WWW access can try asking me - or just go see 'What's
Eating Gilbert Grape'.

Incidentally, while on the subject of movies, anyone near Copenhagen,
Denmark (not a lot in this group I'm afraid) might like to know that a
cinema in Copenhagen is showing 'The Innocents' in CinemaScope and
without subtitles (the only way it ought to be seen) on 10. April and
2. May. I'll certainly be there (I remember it as being quite good :-)

Ivar

or

ivar@astro.ku.dk, http://www.astro.ku.dk/~ivar

'I put this moment