Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love Hounds collection

From: JWALKER.ENG-MAIL@SMTP.INTECOM.COM (Walker, John)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 15:51 CDT
Subject: Love Hounds collection
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all!
    I recently received my very own copy of the 1994 Love Hounds
collection (thanks Thomas Estes!) and wanted to complement the people who
were involved in the creation of these tapes!  You guys are the greatest
- take a bow.  I have acheived true katefan Nirvana!  The liner notes are
fascinating and extremely informative.  It's truly an amazing place, the
Love Kennel <pause and think warm, happy thoughts for a moment>.  Where
did you guys get these clips?

2 questions:
1)   who is the bass player in the "Rocket Man" video?
2)  Kate seems to have a knack for working with strong bassists.  Del and
Eberhard Weber are extremely talented musicians,  and Kate's recordings
always have outstanding fretless bass work.  Imagine my surprise upon
seeing the live HoL video          from the Secret Policeman's Ball, to
see Tony Franklin (at least he looked and played like Tony Franklin) on
stage playing          with Kate! (For those of you who don't know, Tony
played bass with the Firm and is an outstanding fretless player as well.)
          Was that indeed Tony Franklin, and how did he get so lucky?
Who were the other members of Kate's band for that particular
performance?  And finally, why is Kate into the bass so much (or is this
possibly Del's influence)?

I guess that's more than 2 questions :-)

The live HoL gave me just enough of a taste of what Kate could do live
that I am now extremely rabid for a tour, which I know won't happen, but
what if it did?

|  John Walker		|
|  Email:   jwalker@intecom.com	|
|  Voice:  (214) 447-8321	|