Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate vs. pj vs. tori etc.....ad nauseum

From: "J.A.Harkness" <J.A.Harkness@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 10:13:13 +0000
Subject: kate vs. pj vs. tori etc.....ad nauseum
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Darling Love-pups,

Truth is, people will always compare stuff that they like with stuff
that they know.   Hence the most bizarre comparison from a friend
that "Kate's really great!  Reminds me of Led Zep...."   Tragic but
true!   This was, of course, from someone whose entire musical
knowledge was centred on eary '70's metal/prog rock.   What other
frame of reference did he have?

To me Kate sounds like Kate..... that's what makes her different.
Polly sounds like Polly.   etc.etc.etc........

Snogs and rampant exsistentialism,
 Will Yum!
xxxxx

"Oh, I'm sorry.  Did I break your concentration?"  PF/QT.

------------------------------ End of forwarded message 1