Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 1711-line Tori posts on L-H

From: CLBECKWITH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 18:52:22 -0500
Subject: Re: 1711-line Tori posts on L-H
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

As a Love-Hounds newbie, I am quite naturally desirous of seeing as much
Kate-related content as possible.  At the same time, I am supportive of an
open-door policy with regard to similar artists, like Tori Amos, as a matter
of principle.  But when off-topic posts swell to 1711 lines, even this open-
minded newcomer has to wonder if the policy isn't occasionally being abused.

Could I please suggest a compromise?  Rather than resorting to extremes of
excluding all off-topic posting from the list (which would be boring, not to
mention a violation of the charter) or allowing anything (which is needlessly
duplicative) why can't there simply be a brief message saying, for example,
"a new comprehensive listing of Tori Amos bootlegs is available from (a
location outside of rec.music.gaffa and Love-Hounds)"?

That would satisfy the needs of Tori fans in the group, and protect mailing
list subscribers from inadvertently receiving a massive off-topic post they
had no idea was coming.  Or is that too sensible? :-)

 --Chris B.,

A pay-by-the-minute-for-long-distance-access-Love-Hound who speaks for no one
but himself.  This is my first and last post on this subject.