Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Long Irrelevant Postings

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 14:31:32 -0400 (AST)
Subject: Long Irrelevant Postings
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Much as I respect Stuart's opinion (mostdays ;), I agree with the person
who thought the mega-long Tori Amos bootleg posting was inappropriate, to
put it mildly.

Discussing other female artists is certainly OK, but this posting was not
a DISCUSSION. Apart from the fact that some people think Kate sounds like
Tori, the relevance to the purpose of this list was completely lacking. In
addition to which a posting of that length is NOT appreciated by people
who have to pay to read postings. If I subscribed to this list at my own
expense to read about Kate, I would be mighty annoyed to have a posting
that size about Tori arrive in my account.

The person responsible might want to consider instead posting a message like:

I have a listing of Tori bootlegs available. E-mail me for a copy.

That's ALL that needs to be said.

Cheers, Fiona