Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Flattery...song...trade...?

From: DSearch@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 22:40:32 -0500
Subject: Flattery...song...trade...?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

OK, I'm impressed.  Well, all right, make that very impressed.

I'm impressed that after being directed here by a fellow AOLer, and after
posting a general request in rec.music.gaffa for the 1994 Lovehounds
Collection, within a day or two I receive an offer from one of you
(you know who you are and thank you again) to make copies for me.
No charge, no strings attached
-- I send out blanks, cover 2-way shipping, and get the LH Collection.  Then,
adding insult to injury, I receive my copies 6 (six) days (not
weeks...months...) after *sending out* my blanks to my benefactor.  Who lives
5 states away.  And then the tapes themselves... the selections, the quality,
the packaging, the inserts... don't you guys realize you're shaming
professionals who make a living distributing products not half as formidable?

And on those tapes -- yes, the performances were terrific (RotH live with
Gilmour is unbelievable... and it was the first time I'd seen Kate's SNL
appearance since 1978!), but more than that the extensive
interview pieces gave me an impressive overview of Kate the person.  Which
gave me some insight into the reasons behind the sometime-Beatlemania-like
fanaticism which frequently surrounds KT. (Katemania?)  She is a
beautiful lady -- both inside and out.

Which only served to whet my appetite for more -- as well as to bemoan the
disappearing act she has forever pulled on us Stateside Bushophiles.  Rather
than take my frustration out on some hapless pedestrian -- someone from EMI
Artist Promotions perhaps? -- I composed the following little ditty:

Withering Thighs
============

Back in the 1970s
I made a pile of green
You all you loved me at the Odeon
All lithe and sweaty
How could I stay here?
When you needed to possess me
Passed on you, too bad for you

Bad dreams in the night
They told me I had to tour or say goodbye
Now I'm left with withering, withering
Withering Thighs

[chorus]
Public, it's me, I'm KT, I stay home
Yes, it's cold, let me in anyway

Oh it gets dark, it gets lonely
On the other side from you
I pine a lot, I tape a lot
But I won't come near you
No coming over, cruel KT
My one dream, my only master

So you wait in the night
Wait for me to come and put things right
But all I have are withering, withering
Withering Thighs

[chorus]
Public, it's me, I'm KT, I stay home
Yes, it's cold, let me in anyway

Oh let me have them, let me have your CD dollars
Oh let me have them, let me me make a million dollars
You know it's me, KT

[chorus]
Public, it's me, I'm KT, I stay home
Yes, it's cold, let me in anyway

Yes, well... now that I have you all in a good mood, I also have some items
I'd like to trade:

UK Lionheart CD
UK/German TKI CD (kite cover)
UK Hammersmith, VHS HiFi, PAL format (new)
Japanese TKI LP (pink leotard cover)
UK HoL 12" maxi-single
UK Breathing 7" 45
UK Hammersmith 7" EP
Hammersmith (US, Beta-HiFi)
US Experiment IV 12"
TRS promo poster, 8 1/2 x 11"

Items I'm interested in:

TWS, VHS HiFi (US) (copy of new Laserdisc version with TWW videos would be
fine)
TSW CD, UK or Japanese
NFE CD, UK or Japanese
The Dreaming CD, UK or Japanese
TWW video, Japanese preferred, US format
TWW CD box set, Japanese preferred

Interested parties can email me at DSearch@aol.com.

Well, that's my hello.  Nice to be here.  Sorry to be so long-winded first
time out -- just had a lot to get off my chest!

--David Reff :)
  Dallas, TX