Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ignore me...I'm just gushing.

From: hart@corona.math.vt.edu (Heath David)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 18:11:46 GMT
Subject: Ignore me...I'm just gushing.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Having come down with a bad case of strep throat, I took a sick day
from work.  To cheer myself up, I watched all five of the Kate videos
I have (Single File, Hammersmith, Whole Story, Sensual World, TLTCTC)
-- a Kate-a-thon, as it were.

Anyway, let me gush for a moment.  She's _wonderful_.

"Suspended In Gaffa" is just the most beautiful video I've ever seen
(except for that HAIR -- what possessed her?).  I love the way she bounces
impatiently on the line, "Can I have it all now?"

"This Woman's Work" _still_ makes me cry.  I'm glad I watched this one
last.  Absolutely perfect.

If I said I thought the male dancer in "Running Up That Hill" was hot,
would I run the risk of starting up _that_ thread again?  Let the r.d.t.'ers
have it!

"Love And Anger" -- until now, this has always been one of those songs that
I'd leave playing in the background while I went to the kitchen.  Maybe it's
just my feverish state, but I've finally seen what I've been missing in
this song.  If there's anyone else out there who was kind of lukewarm
about this song -- give it another chance today.

Hammersmith -- what can I say?  If only all live shows could be this
great.  If only all live shows could be _half_ as great as this.
I'd love to see her tour again, but if she never does, I understand.
How could you follow _this_ up?

"Sat In Your Lap" is just plain -fun-.  Colorful, frenetic, humorous,
and off-beat.  I think it deserves the award for Best Use Of Roller
Skates In A Video.  ;)

TLTCTC is still a little frustrating for me -- I wish the pieces
connected together a little better.  But each time I watch it, I
pick up a little more.  So if I'm still sick tomorrow, this'll be
first in the VCR. . ."Moments Of Pleasure", by the way, is the
other video that made me cry.

Now all I've got to do is figure out how I'll fill out the rest of
the day.  :)

Heath