Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 12:10:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: TWW
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

pmurf wrote that he had recently seen a japanese boxed set for $147. if you
don't have another from another country, i'd recommend it. if it's new, it's a
good buy, at least it would be in my area, where my new japanese (with better
cd pressings than the other versions, or so i've been told) cost $200 and the
canadian runs for $180 and a used (i'm not sure which version) at another store
ran something like $140.

also, i heartily recommend the video/cd double pack of live at the hammersmith.
one you have the boxed set, you gotta start getting your fix through these
other, more obscure items, and 'hammersmith' is my fave recent kate
purchase since fiona smythe copied me the cathy demos gratis last year and i
then found em on cd for $25 in NYC . . . you may already know how much cuts
like 'james and the cold gun' gained in their live version from the 'live on
stage' ep or the boxed set, but the 9 live cuts found on the 'hammersmith' and
not elsewhere are fantastic! 'hammer horror' live is fantastic, IMHO, as is 'oh
england my lionheart,' among others.

personally, the stage show is a bit dated to my jaded, madonna-shaped tastes,
but i know IED and others would disagree. either way, the cd is fabulous and
you can't get it except with the video . . . . .

brian