Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Church of Gaffa

From: Fiona McQuarrie <fmcquarr@upei.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 14:54:20 -0400 (AST)
Subject: Church of Gaffa
To: "Kate (list) Bush" <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Well, in the midst of all this debate over Gaffa, I go to church this
Sunday and what is the New Testament reading?
"And why beholdest thou the speck that is in thy brother's eye, but
perceivest not the plank that is in thine own eye?
"Either how canst thou say to they brother, Brother, let me pull out the
speck that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the plank that
is in thine own eye? Thou hyprocite, cast out first the plank out of thine
own eye, and shalt thou see clearly to pull out the speck that is in thy
brother's eye." (Luke Ch. 6, verses 41-42)

I must admit I giggled a bit when the reading started....
But seriously, the original source of the "plank in the eye" business does
seem to fit in with the song's themes of short sightedness and being at
the mercy of fate.

Cheers, Fiona