Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pornography

From: fox@panix.com (Lou Fox)
Date: 25 Feb 1995 20:38:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Pornography
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Stuart M. Castergine (scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us) wrote:
: On Wed, 22 Feb 1995, Lou Fox wrote:

: > The Silver-Flag Boy (u3a97@teach.cs.keele.ac.uk) wrote:
: > : Kbfreakc (kbfreakc@aol.com) wrote:
: > : : Hoorah, hoorah, I couldn't have said it better myself.  Contemporary
: > : : feminism tries to teach us that women are oppressed by men.  Like Kate,
: > : : you understand that women are just being what they want to be.  It is no
: >
: > : I'm not totally sure which article you are replying to... but anyway you are
: > : right. Kate is unideological, and ideological warfare of the kind well-known
: >
: >
: > I'm assuming you guys are talking about me and the discussion I was
: > having about why I believed Kate Bush was a feminism. I did recieve some
:                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: > interesting and intelligent replies. Yours are not among that group.
:   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: > Feminism is not about hate....

: Oh, I see. It's not about hate. It's about having a snide, condescending,
: dismissive attitude toward people whose opinions you disagree with. My,
: I'm *really* impressed with feminism now.

I see you can't read. I did recieve several replies that disagreed with
my original posting, and I found them to be intelligent and well-written
arguements. However, I don't find out and out criticisms of myself, my
arguements and feminism in general to be intelligent. If that's a
condescending statement, than I'm a snide little so and so. But I think
it's the truth for most people. I'd be more than happy to debate the pros
and cons of modern feminism and how it relates to Kate Bush, but not
with people who outright dismisss my ideas without back up. Would you? If
you were having a discussion with some people about say religion, and
some one else joined in and said your ideas were basically all false,
wouldn't you have the right to criticize them?

Jennifer
If you want to further discuss the matter, please do it by e-mail so as
not to bother those who aren't interested in our debates