Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

cathy demos

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 13:50:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: cathy demos
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

llovitch wrote:
'except for an atrocity or two like queen eddie . .  . '

personally i find this one of my favorite of the 'cathy demos,' not only
because kate's voice doesn't do as many of the annoying things it does in
dome of the others (her wonderfully experimental voice wasn't as enjoyable
without the help of a studio and judicious producers and/or a few years'
more maturity--it was better live in the tour of life) ,but also because the
lyrics are fucking HILARIOUS, the flipside to kashka from bagdhad . . . . they
make me think of me when i was about 16.

which is not to start up the 'but i love that song-prove it sucks) debate like
over YWA and MoP like last summer, merely to say that, like all of her other
music, the cathy demos provoke strong and widely differing responses . . .  .

brian