Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: CLBECKWITH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 05:45:27 -0500
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

When I reviewed TSW for my APAzine 'letters from orgonon' in 1993 I commented
that the album seemed to be overlaid with the atmosphere of death.  That's an
easy judgment to make in retrospect, but not before the deaths actually
occurred.  I don't think even Kate is quite that prescient.  Still, it is
remotely possible that owing to the degenerative nature of the virus that
took the lives of Alan Murphy and Gary Hurst that Kate would have known of
their terminal illness during the recording sessions.

Nevertheless, that's the confusion of chronology the album seems to encourage
in many listeners.  It's a morbid kind of comfort to consider that I'm not
the only one to have made this connection, however specious it might be.

--Chris