Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work

From: denneuli@lifl.fr
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 95 09:43:06 +0100
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

rod@aztec.co.za (Rod Suskin) writes:
>Hi Everyone,
>Recently, when listening to "This Woman's Work" on Sensual World, I suddenly
>realised that it sounds like Kate is saying goodbye to her mother, who died
>just before Red Shoes was released (5 yrs later.) [Strangely, though, the 1st
>verse of the song sounds like it's about child-birthing, although it does not
>seem to relate to the rest of the song at all!]
That's interesting! I've wondered for some time about the reason "This woman's work"
was included on TRS single with a 'typo' in the title. If TWW is somewhat refering
to her mother's illness then the typo can be explained as a kind of acknowledgement
of her mother's work as well as her. And it seems quite logical for this song to
be included on TRS single because the album is dedicated to Mrs Bush, too.
Perhaps it's a bit far-fetched, but...
Can anyone tell us what's carved on TRS 7" single? (I haven't a copy yet!).

Yves.