Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Issues of the day

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 08:40:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Issues of the day
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Smith, Van Edward - GS13" <smithv@407po1.usafe.af.mil> wrote:
> Back to KaTe, I say!   So, has anyone figured out how to play a CD
> backwards?

Possible with some of the recent CD players specially designed for DJ:s.
The disc itself isn't spinning backwards, but the audio data is read into
a large RAM buffer that can be accessed, well, randomly :-)

The same thing is possible to do if you read in the audio data into a
professional hard disk audio editing system.

> Kate was into putting backwards messages on some of her songs, and
> said in the |>oug interview that it was something she was experimenting
> with.  Is she still?  Does anyone have a list of all the songs containing
> messages when played backwards?

Mostly on The Dreaming, I suppose (Leave it open is the most blatant), but
There is some on The 9th wave as well. Anyone know some more?

> Un<not>Suspended (figure that one out),

Can't :-)

anders