Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

L'amour looks something like you

From: Stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 09:51:16 +0800
Subject: L'amour looks something like you
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 890

larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez) Just Doesn't Get It(tm):

>Hey jack, it's cool to let people know about an URL, but I didn't expect
>to be put on a dist list just for trying it out.  You might wanna try alt.
><fill in your own tastes> if you're that lonely.

Slow down there, pardner!  That's the URL for the Cyrano Valentine server.
You fill in the blanks, Mad Libs style, and it cranks out a form that looks
suspiciously like a "Love Letter" written by Timothy Leary and emails
it to whomever you want.  It automagically appends its URL in case the
recipient wants to retaliate.  Well, it seems some wag out there put
love-hounds@uunet.uu.net as the recipient (and a damn fine job, too!  I was
laughing heartily - I only wish *I* thought of it first!  Now, fess up,
who did it?)

- Stev0 the anonymous

"I didn't do it.  Nobody saw me.  You can't prove anything."
 - [Bart|OJ] Simpson