Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Joni featured in latest _Goldmine_

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 15:57:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Joni featured in latest _Goldmine_
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi everyone,

No arguments here: One of folk and rock's premier singer/songwriters is
given her just due.  The latest _Goldmine_ magazine (cover date 2-17-95)
features the great Joni Mitchell.  She graces the cover (a very nice
picture!), and the article (written by William Rulhmann, a closet
Tori-fan?) is richly illustrated and is very detailed in typical quality
_Goldmine_ fashion.

[I dare say] Joni Mitchell's singing and songwriting has had as much an
effect on my life as Kate Bush has (--OOH, did he really type that!!??).
Oh yes.  My "formative years" happened to coincide with the whole hippie
'thang and music has been a definite influence. With Joni, I'm talking
consistent quality, dedication, and love of the craft.  Yeah, there have
been a couple of weaker albums in recent years, but think about it: isn't
is a thrill that she is still alive and well?  She even does her own
artwork. :-) Anyway, I recommend this issue highly.

Larry (packing _Hejira_ when I go to that desert island-anyone have any
      Joni boots to trade?-I have "Lennie and Dom Songs" and "Winterlady")