Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Walking Straight...

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: 26 Jan 1995 19:01:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Walking Straight...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3g77qg$k16@hobbes.cc.uga.edu> mdean@athena.cs.uga.edu
(Michael W. Dean) writes:

>   Perhaps I am some kind of monstrous Philistine for thinking this,
>   but "Walk Straight Down the Middle" is one of the worst songs in
>   my entire music collection.

I too think that Kate makes some occassionaly mistakes, but "Walk
Straight Down the Middle" I think isn't one of them.  It is one of the
best songs on the album!  It seems that in later years what Kate
thinks are her mistakes are likely to be her best work.  She considers
"Walk Straight Down the Middle" and "Under the Ivy" to be bonus
throw-offs, and reputedly nearly left "Big Stripey Lie"--the best song
on *The Red Shoes*--off of it.