Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Singles File...remixed versions?

From: Ronald.Girardin@dartmouth.edu (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 26 Jan 1995 14:51:12 GMT
Subject: The Singles File...remixed versions?
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well...I did some investigation to see if indeed the singles found in
the
boxed set (The Single File) differ from the original releases of those
singles.   Here's what I found so far:

   1.  "The Dreaming", "There Goes A Tenner" and "Sat In Your Lap" are
       identical musically.  However,  different plates have been used
       to press those singles (they probably all have different plates,
this
       IS delt with in the Collector's Guide...)

   2.  Babooshka (The Single File) is DEFINITELY shorter by about 10
seconds.
       I verified this against my UK and Japanese releases.

   3.  I was unable to check out Army Dreamers because it seems that
both of
       my copies did in fact come from the boxed set.  :-(   So I still
don't
       have an original release of Army Dreamers.   Bummer!

i still have to check Breathing, On Stage, Wuthering Heights and
December...
I won't be able to check "The Man With The Child In His Eyes", "Wow",
"Hammer Horror" and "Ne T'Enfuis Pas" because I don't have seperate
singles
for them....yet!.  I can check them with other sources though.  i DO
know
that "The Man..." is probably the video version ("He's here...he's
here...")

I will keep you posted...

Can someone at least check out the 45s that I can't?   Thank You

Another thing we must keep in mind is:  Are there differences between
the
original numbered release of the Single File and the subsequent
unnumbered
release?

peace

ron