Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Tiefer...

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 16:32:00 AES
Subject: RE: Tiefer...
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 39 TEXT

  >  From: love-hounds-request
  >  Subject: Tiefer...
  >  Date: Tuesday, 24 January 1995 9:13PM
  >
  >  Hi all.
  >
  >  At the end of 'Hello Earth' is a line in German that means something
  >  along the lines of "In the deep there is a light" and starts
  >  out with the word 'tiefer' (pardon my lack of correct spelling).

 Spot on.

  >  Well, today I saw a 1954 German film entitled "Tiefland".  Any
  >  connection?  I don't know what the film is about, but I
  >  remember Kate sighted old war films as possible sources of
  >  inspiration for T9W.

 That must have been some film if you saw it and you still don't know what
 it's about!  Damned esoteric German directors!

  >  Just wondering.
  >
  >  Faith (Mary-Helen's double)
  >
  >  "Got my toaster, my hair dryer..." Evelyn Edson on why
  >  Imperialist nations think they are superior.

 One had only to witness the headlong retreat of the native hordes before
 the figure of General Gordon at Khartoum with his crisp British toast in
 one hand, revolver in the other, and his carefully groomed hair tucked
 under his pith helmet. It was only a matter of time before they
 discovered his secret & cut off his supply of household electrical goods.

TSB, Adelaide Australia
 "We will win for we have got
  The Maxim gun, and they have not" - some British wit