Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What happened to the WWW site? ... story told

From: Richard J Frost <rjf@adl.dmt.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 10:00:42 +1030
Subject: What happened to the WWW site? ... story told
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Well, I used to run the Experiment IV web page. :(

Its about time I do an update....

I was about to move the web pages to a new site but the sysadmin I knew
there (who was willing to take it on) just changed jobs! :(.

I am (still) about to buy a PC on which I will construct the
web pages. I intend on building the Web pages on the PC
and transporting them to mirror sites in the US
and local sites in Australia (possibly where I work now -
assuming management approves)

I have talked with Scott Yelich and previously told him
that I didn't wish to hand the web pages over to him.
Scott, I am still interested in your offer and am wiling to
take you on as a mirror site (or alternate web page site).

Since then I have talked with Uli Grepel, who also intends on
starting up his own Kate Bush Web site.

I suggested to him that we should minimise any overlap of work by
jointly constructing Web pages. Uli agreed with this.

Scott, if you are interested in providing support, Uli and I would
really appreciate any extra help we can get.

I suggest love-hounds mail me any comments on what they would
like to see in the new web pages.

I intend on making extensive use of the new HTML extensions used by
Netscape, the new Web browsing client. In this way the pages will
look much more professional.

I also suggest that some sites provide anonymous FTP for Kate
images. Ideally one site per country to minimise delays.
These sites will be referred to using links in the Web pages.

Uli, you might want to follow up my posting with your views
on what you want to see in a Kate Web Site.

		 PLEASE REMOVE ALL LINKS TO

  	   http://www.jrc.flinders.edu.au/ExpIV/

I may be able to get a web server running on one of the
machines in the old flinders JRC domain which would tell people
that the old link has changed - but I highly doubt this!

--
Richard Frost - UNIX Systems Administrator --------------------------------
                                                          CSIRO Division of