Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate the actress

From: Mary Helen Sowell <mhs3c@galen.med.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 15:28:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate the actress
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu

ac506@lafn.org  writes:

> I for one would like to disagree with the postings I've noticed here
> disparaging Kate's acting in TLTC&TC.  I direct lots of theater, and
> I found her performance delightful.

I absolutely agree.  This film was not intended to be riveting
drama.  It's a wonderfully campy fairy tale that is
intentionally exaggerated.  The /+) world does not conform to
the banal behavioural physics of everyday life; even the
something so ordinary as doodling on scraps of paper is of
cosmic importance.  Kate gave, IMHO, a charming and energetic
performance for the role.

Faith (Mary-Helen's other name...)

"For now I realize every one of us has a heaven inside."