Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 94 19:27 MET
Subject: Re: MisK.
To: IEDSRI@aol.com
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

[still 3790 msgs to read in my mailbox, FAQ coming soon though a bit too late...]

> Valued Love-Hound Uli Grepel sends word that he has

thanks!
> been busting the clouds of Dream(time)land --

> from cloudlevel!  Apparently he  has taken up

> skydiving during his stay in Australia, and listens

> to Kate on a Walkman in mid-freefall.  Sounds
> idyllic, doesn't it?

Yes, it does, though it's not really true - I just have 'Cloudbusting'
on the soundtrack of the video that they shot from me jumping in Cairns.

It's not allowed to take anything with you that's not securely tied
to yourself while jumping - imagine being hit by a walkman torn off
and falling from the sky... [now wouldn't that be the nicest way to die?]

I wrote this to l-h, since a couple of letters mentioned me listening
to CB during freefall which strictly speaking wasn't true, and believe
me, even Andy (not so sure about IED though) would think about something
else than Kate during freefall. The time around it is something different,
even with me!

By the way, I can really, really, really recomment tandem-skydiving, it's
definitely the most thrilling and most fun thing I ever did! (Now please,
you non-tandem parachutists, don't speak up and claim that tandem-skydiving
is not the real thing, I know...)

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]