Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The jazz butcher whatever

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 01:40:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The jazz butcher whatever
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Stev0, quoting Fiona, who disagrees with Chris, just can't seem2 give it a rest:

* >I would hope, that if she was
* >going to pay tribute to Steely Dan, that she would choose some other song
* >than the LA studio musician pseudo-jazz goop that is 'Peg'.
*
* Ah, but don't forget, we were talking about "Why should I love You",
* which sounds JUST LIKE "LA studio musician pseudo-jazz goop".

Interesting thoughts, Chris. Fiona, "Peg" is just as good a song as "The
Boston Rag."  Maybe not as good as "Babylon Sisters," though.:-) I agree
that the Dan didn't ever get much better than the _Countdown to Ecstasy_ album;
man, what a classic. But Steely Dan has pretty much _always_ used studio
musicians, in order to get the intricate details of Becker and Fagen down
correctly.

Stev0, you ignorant slut. ;-)  YSILY is a fantastic collaboration of two of
the world's premier talents.

* Anyone up for ripping apart "Lionheart"?

Yeah, is there anyone still stupid enough to try to compare Kate's albums?
No wonder the sensitive Kate has badmouthed it herself. All she's ever heard
are the idiots who cannot seem to understand and give this horribly maligned
CLASSIC its way-overdue appreciation.

Larry (larry@hal.com) -- proud to be a true Katefan