Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: reality check

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: 20 Dec 1994 05:40:05 GMT
Subject: Re: reality check
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk writes:
>Love Hounds without flamewars? What a strange concept.
>LH between albums is a bit like a militant religion between prophets,
>the only occupation for the True Believers is counting angels on
>pinheads and excommunicating each other.

Hehehehe...

I agree.  If there were no flamewars on a newsgroup/mailing list as
emotional as this one, I would be very surprised.  I would prefer
extremes in both directions rather than a boring conversation between
emotionless PC stick figures with not a gram of dissent in their body.

If you want garbage, try rec.music.alternative*.

And since the last album was the subject of quite a bit of controversy
( "It's devine!"  "No, it sucks!"  "No, it's her best work you
gelatinous pudding brain!" ) I'm sure nerves are fairly raw to begin
with.  You think there was one harsh word said between The
Dreaming and HOL???  Look at the archives!  ;-)

And besides, everyone will eventually realize that ignoring the idiots
of the world is much more constructive in the long run.

>rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_
>					 |<

PS: Four angels fit on a pinhead.  One if it's Kate.