Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And So Is Love - Limited Editon

From: mk59200@cs.tut.fi (Markku Kolkka)
Date: 19 Dec 1994 16:11:43 GMT
Subject: Re: And So Is Love - Limited Editon
To: rec-music-gaffa@funet.fi
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    > The only thing I don't like about the prints is the fact that
    > they are so grainy.
They aren't grainy (like an over-enlarged photo), they are _aliased_,
like a low-resolution computer display. All curved lines have a clear
"staircase" look.

    > Isn't it possible to take a frame from a
    > video and make a print without it looking this way?
Yes, but the result would be fuzzy instead.

    > Did Kate want it this way?  Did some marketing exec at EMI think this
    > would look more artsy?  Or did they blow-up the photos to get a
    > close-up of her and it resulted in the photos looking this way?
All of these seem rather unlikely. Maybe grabbing digital still frames
from a videotape was the cheapest/fastest way to get the shots. I wish
they had taken the trouble to get the frames from the film version.

--
	Markku Kolkka