Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And So Is Love - Limited Editon

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 94 12:46 GMT+0100
Subject: Re: And So Is Love - Limited Editon
To: JAbusheery@aol.com
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi Jennifer!

> I just picked up the 'And So Is Love' Limited Editon Pack including 3 film
> prints from 'The Line, The Cross & The Curve'.  I already have the versions
> of Rubberband Girl and Eat The Music on other singles, so I guess I bought it
> for completeness sake and the photos.  Unfortunately one of the photos was
> slightly damaged (Kate & Miranda) but I can deal with a little tear on the
> upper corner.  I like the photo with her and the candle, that should be a
> poster.

Well, you probably do not yet have the Rubberband Girl *version* that's on
the CD, since it's the US mix (something quite different from either the
original or the 12" mix).

> The only thing I don't like about the prints is the fact that they are so
> grainy.  Isn't it possible to take a frame from a video and make a print
> without it looking this way?  Did Kate want it this way?  Did some marketing
> exec at EMI think this would look more artsy?  Or did they blow-up the photos
> to get a close-up of her and it resulted in the photos looking this way?  I
> find it hard to believe that stills were not taken during filming.

Well, unfortunately the prints look like video prints, and that with a film
that has been shot on real film. Argh.

> I do like the photo on the cover, where is it from? the movie or a studio
> session.

No idea, it's not from the movie.

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: I'm still catching up with over 5600 mails to read, be patient with me...

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2]