Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW

From: jeffy@wam.umd.edu (Jeffrey Craig Burka)
Date: 18 Dec 1994 16:51:53 GMT
Subject: Re: TWW
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9412181306.AA17114@vttoulu.tko.vtt.fi>,
Markku Jarviluoma <markku.jarviluoma@tko.vtt.fi> wrote:

>About the TWW-box: In the leaflet of the non-album CD
>nbr 1 there is a picture of her where she is sitting on
>the floor in some sort of yoga pose, dressed as a ballerina
>and wearing a donkey hat. The expression on her face says
>something like 'I'm so sorry about all this'. It is a very
>funny picture when considering her career and assumed
>interests.

Naughty, naughty, making such assumptions.

First of all, it's a dunce cap, not a "donkey hat."  The costume 'n hat
have particular signficance, as that's what she wears in the "Sat in Your
Lap" video; this is clearly from a photo shoot associated with the video.

I have no idea how you chose those words to put in KaTe's mouth, nor do I
know why you find this picture so humorous.  I thin kit fits perfectly well
with the lyrical themes expressed in SiYL, particularly the outstretched
hands (grasping for knowledge?).

>In CD nbr 2 there is a picture from the same
>series as the ones in the cover of The Ninth Wave album.
>These pictures tend to give me the impression that she does
>not much appreciate the tracks in CD nbr 1 (eventhough there
>are such beautiful songs as UtI, DWBMA, WSDtM, MLL, etc.) or
>at least appreciates the tracks in CD nbr 2 better. Is this
>impression sensible ?

No.

>About The Red Shoes album: I think it is a very good album
>(except for the Prince-track, which is awful)

I fail to see why people continue to pick on "Why Should I Love You" which
is an absolutely brilliant song.

Jeff