Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW

From: markku.jarviluoma@tko.vtt.fi (Markku Jarviluoma)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 03:05:32 +0100
Subject: TWW
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello

I found this newsgroup a couple of months ago and i am
posting this mainly to check wether it gets through.

About the TWW-box: In the leaflet of the non-album CD
nbr 1 there is a picture of her where she is sitting on
the floor in some sort of yoga pose, dressed as a ballerina
and wearing a donkey hat. The expression on her face says
something like 'I'm so sorry about all this'. It is a very
funny picture when considering her career and assumed
interests. In CD nbr 2 there is a picture from the same
series as the ones in the cover of The Ninth Wave album.
These pictures tend to give me the impression that she does
not much appreciate the tracks in CD nbr 1 (eventhough there
are such beautiful songs as UtI, DWBMA, WSDtM, MLL, etc.) or
at least appreciates the tracks in CD nbr 2 better. Is this
impression sensible ? Also in the text in the leaflet of the
whole box she says "please be kind to my mistakes....because
I'm not" ?

About the mistakes: In the leaflet of the The Ninth Wave
(Hounds Of Love) CD included in the box there is this Tennyson
quotation and it is said to be from the poem "The Holy Grail".
On the cover of my old vinyl copy of this album it is said to be
from the poem "The Coming of Arthur", which i suppose is the
correct source (?). This error was corrected soon after the
release of the album. So why is it still in the TWW-release ?
(I am just curious about this, the works of Tennyson have no
special meaning to me).

About The Red Shoes album: I think it is a very good album
(except for the Prince-track, which is awful), mysterious and sad
and funny. Actually it was the listening of this album that
finally made me to buy the TWW-box and return to the music of
Kate Bush after several years of ignorance.

Has anybody kept a list of single releases since the release of
the TWW-box ? If so, i would appreciate it if i could get a copy
of it (or a pointer to some ftp-site where it could be found).

Markku Jarviluoma
email: Markku.Jarviluoma@vtt.fi