Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Think before you drink...opps, I mean post.

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 17:13:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Think before you drink...opps, I mean post.
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@UUNET.UU.NET

Everyone involved,

  I think the entire flame war issue would be moot if people followed
a little of what Karen said about posting pivate messages to the people
they are responding to. I also think that t may lessen a little if
people didn't automatically jump down people's throat about their
post. If you just sit back and think about what the person is saying,
and how it effects you, your life, your car, etc, then people may
may not find other people's posts so offending.

  Keep in mind that everyone has opinions. Other people's opinions
can not really hurt you, unless they act on them. For example, if
I was a racist and I said that I hated all people who have blue
freckles, but I treated these people EXACTLY the same as other people,
then my opinion would not hurt anyone.

  People are expressing their OPINIONS. They are not leaping through
the screen, shoving Tarot cards down your throat, or playing cards for
that matter.

  Think before you post, please.

  The faster you post, the more pissed off your message will seem!!!

Aaron