Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Calm Down!

From: The Ben Poole <brsp@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 00:04:08 +0000
Subject: Calm Down!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello there! Well, I've had my fair share of flames, and I presume that many
people on this newsgroup & digest have too. Let's stop all this nonsense re:
Kate & tarot/arguments about insidious `Lily' influences etc., and just get
back to the MUSIC!!!! I wish to start a thread (& you can call me an old
tart if you want) about the influence of fairy tales/Donovan/Roy Harper on
Kate. The last two I know pitifully little about (esp. Roy) bar that they
have had a profound influence on Kate's music. Personally I find albums such
as `Never Forever' quite MAGICAL, & I don't mean MAGICKAL (though if I did
what does it matter?) -- what do others think? Post & mail to your
(collective) hearts' content, I want to know all!

Cheers

Ben
--