Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 1st post, in favor of Kate Tarot

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 10 Dec 1994 12:33:01 -0600
Subject: Re: 1st post, in favor of Kate Tarot
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

sbecker@acs.ryerson.ca (Sabina Becker - JOUD/F94) writes:
>And, oh yeah, before I forget--Kate IS obviously, if not a Witch (note
>the cap), then someone who certainly understands them and seems to
>identify, or at least empathize.  More than can be said for SOME people
>here...

I certainly don't want to be one of those "wet blankets", but as
Chris has actually MET and SPOKEN WITH Kate several times, I think he may
be in a much better position than you to say whether or not she has much
involvement with Wicca.

I don't like his condecension either, but you are playing exactly into
what he was saying about people trying to proseletyze and project their
beliefs on Kate (thoughI think that he was doing the same for the
anti-spiritualist side, actually).

But rather than arguing over something as pointless as that (I'd say it's
hardly possible for any of us to know Kate's mind in this, without being
intimate friends with her), I'd suggest getting together and doing the
creative things we want to do instead of arguing about who is right, wrong,
or whatever.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
         Her voice sounded like something that lurks in the long grass,