Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily

From: tshenkel@billings.lib.mt.us (Parmly Billings Lib)
Date: 15 Dec 1994 11:35:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Lily
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Pete Hartman (pwh@bradley.bradley.edu) wrote:

: As I said:  if there were some PROOF that Kate was actually being
: HARMED, or worse, that the person harming her was also harming others,
: I'd be concerned enough, (as I already said) to think somehting ought
: be done, and in fact if no one else was willing or able, might even
: do it myself.

: But of course the only criteria I've seen for judgement against this
: "Lily" person was personal bias against a particular set of beliefs.

Um, I agree. I'd also like to point out that, despite all we try to know
about her, we know so _very_ little about the life and times of Kate. Yes,
I know that there is a "Lily" speaking on this track, but other than that,
this story of Lily's instruction to Kate in the Mystic Arts(tm) could be
cut from wholecloth. A fiction. A fantastic fabrication. For example, was
Kate ever married to Hary Houdini? She sung about it, it must be true! Was
Kate ever lost at sea? Was Kate ever impregnated by her brother? (At least
that is what the Kick Inside seems to be about...) Did she ever dance with
a Nazi in 1939? (Mind you, if any of those things are true, then we'd have
cause to worry about her. Me, I'm content with wishing she wouldn't smoke.)

--Tshen
Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum