Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

first Kate

From: bhutchin@pen.k12.va.us (Bradley N. Hutchinson)
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 11:29:18 EST
Subject: first Kate
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net (Kate Bush list)

	I'm not sure if I posted this before or not, so I'll do
it now (again?)
	My second year of college, 83, I lived in a house with
lots of people who tended to like the Greatful Dead.  One woman
who lived there liked Lena Lovich and turned me on to her.  I
added some Yoko and the two of us could irritate the deadheads
anytime we got hold of the stereo!  :)  Then, at a party, a
Japanese woman with green hair heard us play some "strange
female music."  She just happened to live next door.  A day or
so later, she came over with all the Kate albums (yes, albums),
through _The Dreaming_!!  I played _Never For Ever_ first and
thus my first Kate was "Babooshka" thought the first one to
stick was "Get Out of My House" on the second album I played.
I taped them all and, in the next few months, found it easy
to annoy housemates with yet another "weird woman."  I couldn't
find any albums of my own until _Hounds of Love_.  One of the
roomates above brought me back a copy of the RUTH single when
it came out.  So, it couldn't have been too painful for them!
:)
brad
--
And you may ask yourself