Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tarot

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 2 Dec 1994 17:07:41 -0600
Subject: Re: Tarot
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

IEDSRI@aol.com writes:
>Could such
>images [ taken from misc sources ]not be manipulated and integrated into a
>larger and symbolically
>adequate, not to say enriching and enlightening, whole?

Actually, that sounds like a very good idea.

It would take quite a bit of computing horsepower and time, but it
would be very interesting.

>The question is, is there sufficient interest in this proposed project to
>inspire the kind of careful graphic and scholarly
>work that it would undoubtedly require?  IED would like to think so.

While I may have sounded authoritative before, I do not claim any
particular tarot scholarship; rather I've been exposed to a fair
bit of it and it's rubbed off.  Otherwise I'd volunteer myself.
I would be glad to give what little input I'm capable of though.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                                You'll have that