Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: First Kate Song

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 30 Nov 94 14:50:06 EST
Subject: Re: First Kate Song
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

and say i
first heard Kate in 1978, when she had her first single out,
"Wuthering
heights". I was only 7 then... But I loved the way my parents hated
her for
her voice; throughout my life my parents' negative comments have
been an
incentive for me to become a fan of an artist... :)
I thought "Wuthering heights" was a nice song back then, and yes,
I still
get amazed how good my taste was when I was so little. Mind you, I
also
liked crap artists back then. So liking Kate then still is a small
miracle
to me.
Anyway, the first record I bought was "Hammer horror", months
later. A boy
at 7 doesn't have that much money to spend... But I did buy all her
singles
from then on. (That turned out to be sensible in the end, since
I've never
seen "December will be magic again" for $3 anywhere after 1980....)

In a way, I grew up with Kate, but was only able to really start
buying her
albums until 1985 when she made a huge come-back with "Hounds of
love". I
bought all her albums in august and september of that year...

Love this thread BTW, keep those posts coming.

Regards,

Marcel Rijs * "Conan the librarian" * Den Haag * The Netherlands
100276.2176@compuserve.com                          mfgr@sara.nl