Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Tarot Deck

From: Oohlalune@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 22:26:21 -0500
Subject: Kate Bush Tarot Deck
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Hello all!!!  i was in a really heavy Tarot session this weekend with my
friends and suddenly i was slammed with an idea so cool and intense tht i
can't help but wonder if anyone else has ever thought of it.... if you have,
or know of someone has, plz let me know.

anywho, here is said idea:  wouldn't it be cool to create a deck of Tarot
cards using images of Kate, whether they were actual photos that had been
taken, or images tht she mentions in her songs tht fit certain cards???  for
example, the cover of the "Sat In Your Lap" single, where she is dressed in
the ballerina/dunce outfit, holding the globe could be used for the Fool.
 perhaps the image of Kate in the lifejacket (TNW) could be used for The
Hanged (Wo)Man (representing a sort of astral-projection non-physical
consciousness thing).

idealistically the images would already exist... it wouldn't be something
where one would say, "Oh, how about Kate on the back of  a giant squid for
The Chariot?" in an effort to just squeeze Kate into the Tarot. rather, the
idea is to find applicable images and then use them on the cards.  if a lyric
fits, perhaps there is a skilled artist who would be interested in making a
painting or drawing of it to use for the card.  (Paulina!!!!!   Email me if
you read this!!!!  I, the slug, owe you a letter big time!!!! )

the one thing i want to stress is that IT IS NOT MY INTENTION TO RIP OFF
KATE, VIOLATE ANY COPYRIGHTS OR MAKE ANY MONEY WITH THIS KATE BUSH TAROT
CONCEPT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  this is just something tht, IMHO, would
be neat to have and use.  perhaps there are other Bushbabies who feel
similarly.  if so, speak out!!  :) if not, at least this may generate an
interesting thread.

Wayne..... i can see tht expression on your face all the way over here. :)

Blessed Be, :)
Oohlalune
I cannot stop to comfort them;
I'm busy chasing up my demon.