Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Net is so Odd sometimes . . .

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 21:22:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The Net is so Odd sometimes . . .
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I just saw a message I sent about three weeks ago turn up in the digest
yesterday.  Very Strange.

Just got the video of TMIL thanks to Lagan Love on aol.  Not terribly
exciting.  They have Kate sort of meandering around behind some people
playing instruments.  She has her arms folded and is wearing a sort of
leather smoking jacket.  The few close ups of her face have a glaring
spotlight in them that makes it hard to see her.

Lagan Love also taped the U.S. ETM and RBG videos (so now I have really
good copies) and interestingly enough, the ETM video is a shade different
from the MTV broadcast version.  It begins with Lindsey Kemp yelling into
the snow "She's trying to keep me from helping you!  Sing for your
smile!" in what looks like an outtake from the movie.  Then the video
begins.  It ends with a long shot of the shoes which I don't remember
from MTV.

The promo video has that loop sequence of ETM, Lindsey Kemp and RBG, but
I can't remember if Kemp is clearly saying anything in that version of
the tape, which was the giveaway at the TRS release drawings everywhere
but in S.F.  Grrr.  Can anyone clarify whether there are actually three
versions of ETM with slightly different beginnings?  1) MTV, 2) Promo
Video Tape, 3) Lagan love's VeeJay copy.

Thanks,

Karen  kln@crl.com