Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "A Book of Dreams"

From: rickter@world.std.com (Paul C Rickter)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 02:01:04 GMT
Subject: Re: "A Book of Dreams"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

dcfodor@ucdavis.edu (Danielle Fodor) writes:

>On Sat, 19 Nov 1994, Llovich wrote:

>> The first half is definitely worth the bother, but I thought the book was
>  still available for purchase in North America. It has a THAT photo from
>> the "Cloudbusting" video on the cover and is in paperback. I paid $7 or so
>> dollars for it. So check with your local bookstore before the big library
>> trek.
>>
>> VanceMan
>>
>when did you buy your copy of the book? i read it about three years ago
>from a copy that i found at a local junior college.  i found the book was
>very very moving and wished to buy a copy of it.  i called a numebr of
>bookstores, and after repeated attempts with little sucess, finally found
>one store that had it on a list that listed the book as out of print.  if
>the book is back in print(which is possible, since the copy i had read
>had a different cover on it, with a picture of reich) i'd really like to
>get a hold of one.

>if you still have your copy, could you do me the favor of looking up the
>publisher and last printing date and such, so perhaps i could have find a
>copy of it?  it would be much appreciated.

I also have the paperback edition with a shot from the "Cloudbusting"
video on the cover.  It's vital statistics are:  "A Dutton Obelisk
Paperback," E.P. Dutton, New York, Library of Congress # 88-51772, ISBN
0-525-48415-9.  The book also notes that it was simultaneously publishing
in Canada by Fitzhenry and Whiteside, Ltd., Toronto.  It further lists
E.P. Dutton's address as 2 Park Avenue, NY, NY 10016.

I hope this helps.

                                  Movie of the week:
paul rickter                         "Kind Hearts and Coronets"
rickter@world.std.com                "I shot an arrow in the air.  She