Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Confessions

From: Raymond Pugh <rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 22:02:11
Subject: RE: Confessions
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

 In article <2EC97549@msmail.trl.oz.au>, "Forward, Jonathan" (JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au) writes:

> Judie Tzuke (yes, I have her first album and it's very nice)

Forgive my ignorance but what was her first album?  According to my
(out of date), CD catalogue (forgive the UK spelling), the
earliest released CD was "Judie Tzuke" in 1985.  However, my copy
of "Welcome to the Cruise" (which is not even mentioned in the
catalogue), is (p) & (c) 1979.

Whenever I go to a record shop, I always look at the end of the "T"
section in the vain hope of picking up more of her albums.  They
invariably have one or more of "Welcome to the Cruise", "Road Noise"
& "Wonderland".  But today I visited a big HMV and, oh joy, "The
Cat is Out" and "Shoot the Moon" were there.  There must be
increasing interest in Judie's music 'cos they were both
re-issues.  "The Cat is Out" was (p) 1985 Legacy Records but this
pressing is (c) 1992 Castle Classics, whilst "Shoot the Moon" was
(p) 1982 Chrysalis and (c) 1994 Beat Goes On Records.

Has anyone out there got further info on her music?

   Ray

PS just read the sleeve notes on "The Cat is Out" which states it
is her 6th album and goes on to say she has 10 albums at the time
of writing (but doesn't give the date!)  At least another 5 to
track down then <sigh>.

--
NET: rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net      The tears I swallow flood my heart
(Work) ray@win-uk.net                They make rivers that run ragged down