Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Culture Alert!

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 18:05:48 PST
Subject: Culture Alert!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi again -

For you Bay Area Lovehounds, this might be of interest:

The Whirling Dervishes (religious dancers from Turkey)
are going to be performing at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley November
15 and 16.  Tickets are $12, $16, and $20.  Show starts at 8:00 with
a FREE (to ticket holders) discussion at 7:00.

Call 510-640-9988 for more info (You can also get tickets from BASS).

For the one or two of you that don't get the Kate Konnection here,
they are a'plenty:

o  In "Them Heavy People", the line "I love the whirling of the Dervishes"

o  The Sat In Your Lap video

o  Possibly most of TLTC&TC, with all its constant spinning imagery

o  Not a Kate Konnection, but They Might Be Giants use their imagery, too.

o  Another Not a Kate Konnection, but I HAVE to mention that they are a
   failed very minor group of characters in The Tick.

- Stev0 the spin doctor

"circles and circles and circles again" - Air Smoot