Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shirt News

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 17:28:29 PST
Subject: Shirt News
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi-

I just talked with Wayne, the guy who made (and is making) the award-
winning Lovehounds T-shirts (Winner of the coveted "Best T-shirt for
A Usenet newsgroup for a British female musician" award).

Anyway, he said that he got the check from Mary-Helen today, so shirts
should be coming out in 2 or 3 weeks (which means you folks who ordered
them should be getting them in 3 or 4 weeks).  All the shirts that were
made are accounted for, but I assume that this does not mean they're all
PAID for, so she probably still has a handful of extras (I should post
her Email address here, but I don't have it on-hand.  If she doesn't
post it by tomorrow, I will).

Of course, Intergalactic Garage still has tons of shirts left (but in
the interest of fairness, I'll wait 'til tomorrow before posting how
to order from them).

To stop a flame-war before it even starts:  Intergalactic Garage (IGG
for short) has a lot of enemies here.  I'm not saying they're right,
but I'm not saying they're wrong, either.  However, I *WILL* say that
once Mary-Helen runs out of shirts, that's it.  IGG will be the ONLY
place to get Lovehounds T-shirts *UNLESS* - and this is important -
someone decides to make a THIRD run of shirts.

IT'S UP TO YOU.  If you don't like IGG selling "our" shirts, fine,
don't buy one from them.  If you don't like OTHER people buying
one from them, if YOU don't give someone who really, really wants
one (and who wouldn't?) an alternative, you have little reason
to complain (it's sort of like the Eternal Bootleg Debate).

Or (and at this point, I like this idea even better), making a
Lovehounds '95 model!  Not only would it have rec.music.gaffa on
it, as well as Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net, but would have the URL's
for the various Kate WWW pages.

How about it?

- Stev0 the retired shirt-vendor

"I'll call it....The Edsel!" - Henry Ford