Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fruitopia

From: Glen Ford <Glen@Gold.InterLog.Com>
Date: 14 Nov 1994 13:40:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Fruitopia
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Donald Kulpa <dk141093@oak.cats.ohiou.edu> wrote:
>
> >Subject: fruitopia?
> >

> >Hi, I'm a newbie to Love-Hounds, but a long time Kate Fan, but I've got a
> >question...what is the Fruitopia connection?  there was a Reuters article
> >posted in the first digest I recieved that was about Coca-Cola expanding
> the>fruitopia line, and my intrest is terribly piqued...what's the
> connection to>Kate?  ah, well...if you could just post the connection here
> or mail it to m>I'd be *phenomenally* greatful...also, I just saw The Line,
> The Cross and Th>Curve and loved it.  There's a wonderful kinetic, colorful
> style to it all.
>
> There is a series of commercials for a range of fruit drinks called
> "Fruitopia" in the USA which us poor Brits (well at least this one) has yet
> to hear, for which Kate wrote the music.
>
> I love Kate's film too, what do you like the most? I have to admit to having
> a soft spot for And So Is Love. That's not to say that I find *any* of the
> film fantastic.
>
> Adrian
> /+)

Don't feel bad Adrian, I live just a stone throw from the US of A. Commercially
Canada is more or less controlled by what is sold in the US of A. And yet, I have
never heard the Frutopia ads. I get numerous US TV stations but it appears that the
ads are never played on these stations (even Boston and Atlanta). What does that
tell you about Coca-Cola's ads?

I have seen Frutopia in the US stores but, other than by the NET, how
would I know that Kate is in any way involved with this product?

I would love to have just one chance to *hear* all of these ads :-(

Does anyone have a copy of all/some of these ads?

Glen	%(