Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stev0's Guide to Kate Web Pages

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 94 12:48:35 PST
Subject: Stev0's Guide to Kate Web Pages
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

zachary@u.washington.edu (Zachary Martin) asks:

>Is there a WWW page devoted to Kate Bush?

Funny you should ask, 'cause today I was going to post anyway:

Stev0's review of the various Kate Bush Home Pages

1.  Experiment IV:

http://www.jrc.flinders.edu.au/ExpIV/

Created by Richard Frost, last updated 10/14/94

This is probably the most comprehensive of the Kate home pages; it has
a nicely hypertexted FAQ (albeit a bit old, 5/5/94), as well as an artical
on the 1994 Kate Konvention (as well as, for some reason, an order form for
those with the ability to time travel if they want to go back and attend
said Konvention).

As with all these Home Pages, this one is Under Construction (and probably
due to move soon), but the layout shows MANY nice things planned.

2.  Kate Bush Musical Extraveganza

http://actor.cs.vt.edu/~wentz/index.html

Created by Brian Wentz, this has the most recent FAQ (10/13/94), but not
in a hypertext form.

Besides that, the key thing THIS home page has going for it:
Digitized songs!  (At about 2 meg each, with "just OK" sound quality).
Also digitized:  A Kate Interview (eg, vocal).  At a whopping 10 meg, I
haven't downloaded this one (yet).

It also contains links to some of his other favorite Musical home pages.

3.  Cloudbusting

http://scott.cogsci.ac.uk/~rjc/hyper_cloud/cloudbusting

Created by Richard Caley

This one also has a hypertexted FAQ (4/24/94), but it's claim to fame:

A hypertexed version of Ron Hill's "Cloudbusting" Electronic Book.
Very nicely done.  Richard also added lots of other neat extras that
make this well worth checking out even if you have little interested
in the "Cloudbusting" book itself.

The above are the "Big Three" - all of them link to the other two.

There is a supposed fourth:

Lionheart

http://Hollycity.unisa.edu.au/lionheart.html

Which I have not been able to get to.  I assume it's down?

But wait, there's more!

5.  The Ultimate Band List

http://american.recordings.com/wwwofmusic/pop_list.html

(You NEED to keep the above in your Hot List!)

If I were to just have ONE Kate WWW page in my Hot List, it would be their

5.5: Kate Bush Card

http://american.recordings.com/cgi_bin/ubl?card+1032

While it has no Kate goodies itself per se, it has links to all of
the above, to rec.music.gaffa, and any other Kate-related stuff on
the net, all VERY nicely formatted.

6.  Sony Music's Kate Web Page

http://www.music.sony.com/Music/ArtistInfo/KateBush.html

This one is run by Sony Music, it is by far the skimpiest Kate page
on The Web.  No links to anywhere!  Just a skimpy bio and a short blurb
on TLTC&TC.  Not even a digitized photo!

As of this writing, the only Kate Web Page that links to this one is
the Kate Bush Card.

-----

There you have it.  Enjoy!

- Stev0 the Web-slinger